Friday, July 20, 2012

TAWS BE Inspired #7

YES!! I NEED this bag.. I am in love with it.. :) well it's that fun time again TAWS BE Inspired Challenge.. and what better way to BE Inspired then by rays, and a purse.. right? Here is what I came up with..

Well of course I took the rays as my inspiration.. I also used the oval and created a circle behind the flamingo to help ground her. I wanted the sentiment to have beautiful more muted colors instead of the harshness of black. I paper pierced each ray to give it a little more interest. 
On thing fun about this Tropic Topic set.. is there is an extra eye. This was made for the purpose that you can replace any of the animals with their eyes closed to having them opened.. so that's what I did.. and I love how it turned out! I used the Alphabet Soup, and Hey Cupcake for the sentiment.

     

Challenges-

Moxie Fab-Hello Challenge
Simon Says-No Rules
Pin It

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

way toooooo fun:)

Patrice said...

Love that flamingo...Great take on the color scheme - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-29.html

Rose said...

love the rays!!! super fun card :)

Candy C said...

Very cool card! I really like the colors of the papers you've chosen. Your inspiration for this card is a really cute purse! And...you've really captured the design of the purse on your card. Nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Lisa Lara said...

I love love love love your layout and adorable flamingo Alison. Hugs back.

Colleen Dietrich said...

This - is - FABULOUS, Alison! Every piece of it is perfect. I'm glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Alison, I just love this to pieces! That sunburst is GORGEOUS, and your color palette is spot on! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Alison! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Redhead said...

I've had this set for months and wondered what that "oval with a dot" was. Question answered! Thanks, belatedly.
Ellen