Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #9

Hey everyone it's that time again.. the wonderful Play Date Cafe Challenge.. and this week is hosted by the wonderful and creative.. Jules she has picked out some BEAUTIFUL colors.. Deep Blue, Gold, and Cream.. I was so excited to play with these colors.. in my mind I thought of a simple elegance and beauty.. I started to create this digital image called Fanci .. I love how this turned out.. :) I love when your fingers works along with your mind to create what you had envisioned.. I
I printed off the digital image Fanci, and started coloring.. I used copic markers to make her come to life.. I then started with the fun mess.. oh boy was it a mess.. I had feather pieces all over me... and when I woke up I still had them with me.. they had followed me up to my room, into my bed.. everywhere I looked there are little feathers.. I think I will be cleaning up fun feathers for a VERY long time.. but I think the result was well worth the mess..
So I added feathers, I layered them to give them lots of depth.. I wanted this image to POP right off the card.. :)
I then added some puffy paint.. you know the kind you used when you were a kid on t-shirts.. :) I had some gold glitter, so I made a few little dots along the side of the card.. and took a flower (a pink one) and colored it gold and added the glitter puffy paint to the edges.. I inked and distressed all the edges.. and called it good.. :)
I really hope you come and play with us this week.. I just know you will be inspired by all the creations the DT has made.. Don't forget to visit their blogs too.. :) and fill their love tanks..
~Pick up your own FANCI stamp HERE
Everyone has a "Love Tank.." Help fill mine up.. Leave a comment.. HUGS
~Entered into Craft Challenge
Pin It

10 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

You did an amazing job designing this image, Alison. The feathers are outstanding!

Sarah Anderson said...

I just love those feathers - she looks amazing! Definitely worth the mess. ;)

Sandi said...

Alison beautiful digi art and I love what you did with her, feather oh my. Hugs

Jane Wetzel said...

Gorgeous! :)

Lori said...

Gorgeous Alison!

Marcy said...

Wow, Alison. Fanci is beautiful
and you did an awesome job bringing her to life.

Kathryn B said...

What an AMAZING job Alison! Those feathers give it just the right touch. They are placed perfectly!

1CardCreator said...

All of your images are awesome! This Fanci stamp is just too cute! ~Diane

~D~ said...

i love the feathers! who doesnt love that? lol beautiful

KymKreates said...

Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, magnificent, to die for!!!! How is that for filling your tank and I mean every bit of it!!!! This is one of my favorites!
Kym